ISO/IEC TS 24748-1:2016 provides guidelines for the life cycle management of systems and software, complementing the processes described in ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288 and ISO/IEC 12207. This Technical Specification:
- addresses systems concepts and life cycle concepts, models, stages, processes, process application, key points of view, adaptation and use in various domains and by various disciplines;
- establishes a common framework for describing life cycles, including their individual stages, for the management of projects to provide, or acquire either products or services;
- defines the concept and terminology of a life cycle;
- supports the use of the life cycle processes within an organization or a project. Organizations and projects can use these life cycle concepts when acquiring and supplying either products or services;
- provides guidance on adapting a life cycle model and the content associated with a life cycle or a part of a life cycle;
- describes the relationship between life cycles and their use in applying the processes in ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288 (systems aspects) and ISO/IEC 12207 (software aspects);
- shows the relationships of life cycle concepts to the hardware, human, services, process, procedure, facility and naturally occurring entity aspects of projects; and
- describes how its concepts relate to detailed process standards, for example, in the areas of measurement, project management and risk management.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2016-05
Edition: 1Number of pages: 65
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 Software and systems engineering
- ICS :
- 35.080 Software
ISO/IEC TR 24748-1:2010
ISO/IEC TS 24748-1:2016Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.