ISO 10211:2017 sets out the specifications for a three-dimensional and a two-dimensional geometrical model of a thermal bridge for the numerical calculation of
- heat flows, in order to assess the overall heat loss from a building or part of it, and
- minimum surface temperatures, in order to assess the risk of surface condensation.
These specifications include the geometrical boundaries and subdivisions of the model, the thermal boundary conditions, and the thermal values and relationships to be used.
ISO 10211:2017 is based upon the following assumptions:
- all physical properties are independent of temperature;
- there are no heat sources within the building element.
ISO 10211:2017 can also be used for the derivation of linear and point thermal transmittances and of surface temperature factors.
NOTE Table 1 in the Introduction shows the relative position of ISO 10211:2017 within the set of EPB standards in the context of the modular structure as set out in ISO 52000-1.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-06
Edition: 2Number of pages: 55
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 163/SC 2 Calculation methods
- ICS :
- 91.120.10 Thermal insulation of buildings
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 187||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 187||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.