ISO 19901-3:2014 gives requirements for the design, fabrication, installation, modification and structural integrity management for the topsides structure for an oil and gas platform. It complements ISO 19902, ISO 19903, ISO 19904‑1, ISO 19905‑1 and ISO 19906, which give requirements for various forms of support structure. Requirements in this part of ISO 19901 concerning modifications and maintenance relate only to those aspects that are of direct relevance to the structural integrity of the topsides structure.
ISO 19901-3:2014 is applicable to the topsides of offshore structures for the petroleum and natural gas industries, as follows:
- topsides of fixed offshore structures;
- discrete structural units placed on the hull structures of floating offshore structures and mobile offshore units;
- certain aspects of the topsides of arctic structures.
ISO 19901-3:2014 contains requirements for, and guidance and information on, the following aspects of topsides structures:
- design, fabrication, installation and modification;
- in-service inspection and structural integrity management;
- assessment of existing topsides structures;
- decommissioning, removal and disposal;
- prevention, control and assessment of fire, explosions and other accidental events.
ISO 19901-3:2014 applies to structural components including the following:
- primary and secondary structure in decks, module support frames and modules;
- flare structures;
- crane pedestal and other crane support arrangements;
- helicopter landing decks (helidecks);
- permanent bridges between separate offshore structures;
- masts, towers and booms on offshore structures.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2014-12
Edition: 2Number of pages: 117
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 67/SC 7 Offshore structures
- ICS :
- 75.180.10 Exploratory, drilling and extraction equipment
Buy this standard
|std 1 208||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 208||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
Will be replaced byUnder development
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.