ISO 5151:2017 specifies performance testing, the standard conditions and the test methods for determining the capacity and efficiency ratings of air-cooled air conditioners and air-to-air heat pumps.
ISO 5151:2017 is applicable to the following equipment:
- non-ducted air-cooled air conditioners and non-ducted air-to-air heat pumps; or
- ducted air conditioners and/or ducted heat pumps rated at less than 8 kW and intended to operate at an external static pressure of less than 25 Pa.
ISO 5151:2017 is limited to:
- residential, commercial and industrial single-package and split-system air conditioners and heat pumps;
- factory-made, electrically driven and use mechanical compression;
- utilizing single, multiple and variable capacity components;
- multiple split-system utilizing one or more refrigeration systems, one outdoor unit and one or more indoor units, controlled by a single thermostat/controller.
The requirements of testing and rating contained in this document are based on the use of matched assemblies.
ISO 5151:2017 is not applicable to the rating and testing of the following:
a) water-source heat pumps or water cooled air conditioners;
b) multi-split-system air conditioners and air-to-air heat pumps (follow ISO 15042 for the testing of such equipment);
c) mobile (windowless) units having a condenser exhaust duct;
d) individual assemblies not constituting a complete refrigeration system;
e) equipment using the absorption refrigeration cycle;
f) ducted equipment except for those specified in this clause (follow ISO 13253 for the testing of such equipment).
ISO 5151:2017 does not cover the determination of seasonal efficiencies, which can be required in some countries because they provide a better indication of efficiency under actual operating conditions.
NOTE Throughout this document, the terms "equipment" and "systems" mean "air conditioners" and/or "heat pumps".
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-07
Edition: 3Number of pages: 74
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 86/SC 6 Testing and rating of air-conditioners and heat pumps
Buy this standard
|std 1 187||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 187||Paper|