- Describes requirements and recommended methods against which clinicians can gather, analyse and, specify the clinical context, content, and structure of Detailed Clinical Models.
- Defines Detailed Clinical Models (DCMs) in terms of an underlying logical model. They are logical models of clinical concepts and can be used to define and to structure clinical information.
- Describes requirements and principles for DCMs, meta-data, versioning, content and context specification, data element specification and data element relationships, and provide guidance and examples.
- Specifies DCM governance principles to ensure conceptual integrity of all DCM attributes and logical model accuracy.
- Describes DCM development and the methodology principles for use that will support the production of quality DCMs to minimize risk and ensure patient safety.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2015-10
Edition: 1Number of pages: 56
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 215 Health informatics
- ICS :
- 35.240.80 IT applications in health care technology
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
ISO/TS 13972:2015Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.