ISO 17438-1:2016 specifies the indoor navigation system architecture including additional components that are added to the existing ITS system and use cases in providing indoor navigation to various types of users including drivers, passengers, and pedestrians using personal and vehicle ITS stations.
- The personal and vehicle ITS station in the role of end user terminal running indoor navigation functionality.
- Indoor map containing indoor geometry, network topology, and POI data reflecting characteristics of indoor space.
- Indoor positioning reference data containing information of positioning infrastructure: WiFi AP, RFID Reader, Bluetooth AP, etc.
- Data providers to provision the indoor map or indoor positioning reference data.
- Indoor data server registry to provision the information of indoor data server.
- Indoor positioning functionality in the personal and vehicle ITS station using indoor positioning reference data.
- Indoor positioning functionality in the central ITS station using indoor positioning reference data.
- Interface between the P/V ITS station and central ITS station to communicate indoor map data and indoor positioning reference data.
ISO 17438-1:2016 includes "General Information", which provides a general overview and structure of each part of ISO 17438. It also specifies "Use Cases" related to the indoor navigation for personal and vehicle ITS stations.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-01
Edition: 1Number of pages: 20
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 204 Intelligent transport systems
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.