ISO 306:2013 specifies four methods for the determination of the Vicat softening temperature (VST) of thermoplastic materials:
- method A50 using a force of 10 N and a heating rate of 50 K/h;
- method B50 using a force of 50 N and a heating rate of 50 K/h;
- method A120 using a force of 10 N and a heating rate of 120 K/h;
- method B120 using a force of 50 N and a heating rate of 120 K/h.
The methods specified are applicable only to thermoplastics, for which they give a measure of the temperature at which the thermoplastics start to soften rapidly.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2013-11
Edition: 5Number of pages: 16
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 61/SC 2 Mechanical behavior
- ICS :
- 83.080.20 Thermoplastic materials
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
ISO 306:2013Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.