ISO 23640:2011 is applicable to the stability evaluation of in vitro diagnostic medical devices, including reagents, calibrators, control materials, diluents, buffers and reagent kits, hereinafter called IVD reagents. ISO 23640:2011 can also be applied to specimen collection devices that contain substances used to preserve samples or to initiate reactions for further processing of the sample in the collection device.
ISO 23640:2011 specifies general requirements for stability evaluation and gives specific requirements for real time and accelerated stability evaluation when generating data in:
- the establishment of IVD reagent shelf life, including transport conditions suitable to ensure that product specifications are maintained;
- the establishment of stability of the IVD reagent in use after the first opening of the primary container;
- the monitoring of stability of IVD reagents already placed on the market;
- the verification of stability specifications after modifications of the IVD reagent that might affect stability.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2011-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 7
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 212 Clinical laboratory testing and in vitro diagnostic test systems
- ICS :
- 11.100.10 In vitro diagnostic test systems
Buy this standard
|std 1 61|
|std 2 61||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.