This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 23551-1:2012 specifies safety, constructional and performance requirements and testing of automatic and semi-automatic shut-off valves for gas burners, gas appliances and appliances of similar use.
It applies to
- normally closed valves,
- valves being mounted upstream to gas burners and gas appliances,
- valves with declared maximum working pressures up to and including 500 kPa, for use on burners or in appliances using fuel gases as natural gas, manufactured gas or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG),
- valves directly or indirectly actuated, electrically or by mechanical means,
- valves actuated by hydraulic or pneumatic means,
- valves where the flow rate is controlled by external electrical signals, either in discrete steps or proportional to the applied signal, and
- valves fitted with closed position indicator switches.
ISO 23551-1:2012 covers type testing only.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2012-08
Edition: 2Number of pages: 37
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 161 Controls and protective devices for gaseous and liquid fuels
- ICS :
- 27.060.20 Gas fuel burners
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 166|
|std 2 166||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
Will be replaced byUnder development
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.