ISO 898-5:2012 specifies mechanical and physical properties of set screws and similar threaded fasteners made of carbon steel or alloy steel when tested at an ambient temperature range of 10 °C to 35 °C. Fasteners (the term used when set screws and similar threaded fasteners are considered all together) which conform to the requirements of ISO 898-5:2012 are evaluated at that ambient temperature range.
Fasteners according to ISO 898-5:2012 are classified to specified hardness classes and are intended for use under compressive stress only.
ISO 898-5:2012 is applicable to set screws and similar fasteners:
- made of carbon steel or alloy steel,
- having a triangular ISO metric screw thread according to ISO 68-1,
- with a coarse pitch thread M1,6 to M30, and fine pitch thread M8×1 to M30×2,
- with diameter/pitch combinations according to ISO 261 and ISO 262, and
- having thread tolerances according to ISO 965-1 and ISO 965-2.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2012-06
Edition: 3Number of pages: 15
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 2/SC 11 Fasteners with metric external thread
- ICS :
- 21.060.10 Bolts, screws, studs
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 92|
|std 2 92||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.