ISO 8336:2009 specifies methods for the inspection and testing of fibre-cement flat sheets and gives the acceptance conditions for their use in one or more of the following applications:
- external wall and ceiling finishes;
- internal wall and ceiling finishes;
- internal and external backing sheets.
Products covered by ISO 8336:2009 can be used for other purposes, provided they comply with the appropriate national or international application code or standard.
NOTE 1 ISO 8336:2009 does not apply to sheets for fire protection purposes
NOTE 2 ISO 8336:2009 does not include calculations for installation design requirements, wind uplift or water proofing of the installed sheets.
NOTE 3 ISO 8336:2009 does not apply to the following products:
- boards of Portland or equivalent cement reinforced with fibrous wood particles;
- fibre-reinforced boards of calcium silicate or cement for thermal insulation or fire protection;
- sheets containing asbestos fibre reinforcement;
- sheets containing steel fibre reinforcement;
- fibre-cement roofing slates.
ISO 8336:1993/Amd 1:2004Withdrawn
ISO 8336:1993/Cor 1:2005
ISO 8336:2009Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.