ISO 26872:2010 specifies requirements for the following:
- planning for disposal of satellites operating at geosynchronous altitude to ensure that final disposal is sufficiently characterized and that adequate propellant will be reserved for the manoeuvre;
- selecting final disposal orbits where the satellite will not re-enter the operational region within the next 100 years;
- executing the disposal manoeuvre successfully;
- depleting all energy sources on board the vehicle before the end of its life to minimize the possibility of an event that can produce debris.
ISO 26872:2010 provides techniques for planning and executing the disposal of space hardware that reflect current internationally accepted guidelines and consider current operational procedures and best practices.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2010-09
Edition: 1Number of pages: 53
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 20/SC 14 Space systems and operations
- ICS :
- 49.140 Space systems and operations
ISO 26872:2010Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.