ISO/TS 16843-3:2017 aims to specify categorial structure in the field of moxibustion by defining a set of domain constraints for use within terminological resources.
ISO/TS 16843-3:2017 describes a concept system detailing domain constraints of sanctioned characteristics, each composed of a semantic link and applicable characterizing categories.
Specification of categorial structures for representation of acupuncture points and other sites of the body, indications, prohibition and effect are out of the scope of this document.
The potential uses for this document include:
- supporting developers to provide new terminological systems concerning moxibustion;
- supporting developers to provide new detailed content areas of existing terminological systems concerning the moxibustion process to ensure its conformance;
- facilitating the representation of the moxibustion process using a standardized core model in a manner suitable for computer processing;
- providing a conceptual framework for the generation of a compositional concept representation of moxibustion;
- facilitating the mapping and improved semantic correspondence between different terminologies by proposing a core specification for moxibustion;
- providing a core model to describe the structure of moxibustion, and facilitate improved semantic correspondence with information models;
- providing a tool for moxibustion text mining, database construction, ancient document processing over a wide area of acupuncture information collection and processing;
- providing a new method for researchers to conduct relevant research, and ideas for the development of acupuncture and moxibustion disciplines.